For those of you who wish to travel independently, these packages offer the perfect way to explore Japan. Our Independent Packages include detailed, easy-to-follow directions allowing you to navigate Japan on your own like a local. You can customize one of these packages to make it fit your specific interests and preferences (Fees for customization may apply. See the specific itinerary for details.) Working closely with you, we will help make your dream Japan holiday become a reality. Select from the available sightseeing and Optional Cultural Activities to round out your tour. A little structure with a lot of flexibility may be the perfect combination for you!
How Does It Work?
These packages are designed to take all the time and worry out of planning your trip so you can concentrate on getting the very most out of your trip to Japan and your travel investment. We’ll organize all your accommodations and transportation between cities, and meet you upon arrival at the airport. You’ll have the full back up of our English-speaking office staff in Japan to make sure every aspect of your trip goes according to plan or in the unlikely event of a problem. All of our itineraries also include private guiding from a licensed, English-speaking guide on your first full day in Japan. These reassuring services will help introduce you to Japan and give you extra confidence for traveling the country independently.
Choose the type of accommodations that are right for you
In each city, choose between Budget, Standard and Luxury hotels or ryokans. You can save some money and stay in Budget accommodations in one city, and then splurge on a Luxury hotel or ryokan in another city. You decide what is best for you and your budget.
Inclusions (See the specific package for details.)
- Detailed, easy-to-follow directions on how to travel between cities
- Bi-lingual maps, addresses and phone numbers for all your lodging
- Appropriate JR Rail Pass for the tour or pre-purchased train tickets
- English-speaking emergency contact number in Japan
- Meeting service at the airport
- Airport transfers
- 8 Hours of Guiding Service from a licensed, English-speaking guide
- Lodging each night
- Suggested train schedules including train schedules for 4 hours prior and 4 hours after the suggested time to allow you to choose your own times
- Breakfast every day
- A copy of our “Gaijin on Getas” tour handbook (this is the same popular handbook our escorted tour members receive) which contains 180 pages of Japan travel tips, Japanese language tips, Japanese customs and etiquette and Japanese history to prepare you properly for your trip and allow you to enjoy Japan even more after you arrive.
- Baggage transfer forms (We will provide the necessary forms in Japanese to transfer your main baggage ahead, allowing you the freedom of traveling light. The service provided will only work overnight, so you will need to travel with an overnight bag. The actual transfer fees are not included and will be paid by you at the time of transfer. These fees normally run between 1,250 Yen and 1,750 Yen.)
What’s Not Included
- Local transportation (subways, buses, taxis, etc.)
- All admission fees
- Lunches and dinners (except where noted)
- Desserts at any included meals (except where noted)
- Drinks other than water and tea at any included meals (except where noted)