Unknown to many, Japan is home to some of the largest ski resorts in the world. With Japan’s perfect powder and varying mountains, there is something for everyone to enjoy. From the island of Hokkaido to the Japanese Alps, their slopes welcome skiers of every level.
With its beautiful onsens, snow-covered peaks, and lively culture, you are sure to enjoy some of Japan’s greatest winter playgrounds. Designed for ski enthusiasts looking for adventure, our Ski Tours offer an exciting way to enjoy winter in Japan on the slopes. After a long day of adventure these winter wonderlands are the perfect place to enjoy a glass of sake, relax in Japan’s famous hot springs, enjoy the famous Japanese hospitality, or explore some of the world’s best food.
How Does It Work?
These independent packages are designed to take all the time and worry out of planning your trip so you can concentrate on getting the most out of your trip to Japan and your travel investment. We’ll organize all of your accommodations and transportation between cities, and meet you upon arrival at the airport. You’ll have the full back-up of our English-speaking office staff in Japan to make sure every aspect of your trip goes according to plan, or assist you in the unlikely event of a problem. These reassuring services will help introduce you to Japan and give you extra confidence for traveling the country independently. Unlike our normal FIT packages these tours do not include any time with a guide.
Choose the type of accommodations that are right for you
In each city choose between Budget, Standard, and Luxury hotels or ryokans. You can save some money and stay in Budget accommodations in one city, and then splurge on a Luxury hotel or ryokan in another city. You decide what is best for you and your budget.
If you are looking for a longer adventure, these tours can be easily extended, combined together, or added to any of our other tour listings. Please contact our staff for details and recommendations.
Inclusions (See specific package for details)
- Detailed, easy-to-follow directions for how to travel between cities
- Bi-lingual maps, addresses and phone numbers for all of your lodging
- Pre-purchased train tickets when possible
- English-speaking emergency contact number in Japan
- Meeting service at the airport
- Lodging each night
- Suggested train schedules including train schedules for 4 hours prior and 4 hours after the suggested time to allow you to choose your own times
- Breakfast every day
- A copy of our “Gaijin on Getas” tour handbook (this is the same popular handbook our escorted tour members receive) which contains 180 pages of Japan travel tips, Japanese language tips, Japanese customs and etiquette, and Japanese history to prepare you properly for your trip and allow you to enjoy Japan even more after you arrive.
What’s Not Included
- Flights to and from Japan
- Local transportation (subways, buses, taxis, etc.)
- Lift tickets (please contact us if you would like this included)
- Equipment rentals (please contact us if you would like this included)
- Lunches and dinners (except where noted)
- Desserts at any included meals (except where noted)
- Drinks other than water and tea at any included meals (except where noted)